Discipleship is nothing more than the process by which we grow closer to Jesus and so take on the attributes of the one we follow. Jesus said "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. They will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." (John 14:12).
We believe that we have been called to lives of purpose, lives of impact, lives that serve as reflections of God's love for all creation. Because of the presence of the Holy Spirit - we are blessed to the "greater thing" by testifying to the Resurrection of Jesus and how that has changed our lives. As followers, we have been given the awesome task of being God's presence in the world. We are equipped for this mission through worship, the reception of Holy Communion, the fellowship of the faithful and our ongoing Christian Education. Resurrection provides many opportunities, in small settings and larger ones, for individuals and families to deepen their faith and strengthen their personal discipleship.
Each week we have a number of educational opportunities for adults.
- Mondays at 7 am, the men of RLC gather for study and fellowship. Currently we are studying themes addressed in the Sunday morning message
- Tuesdays, adults gather at 9:45 am in the RLC Library for Bible Study.
- Wednesdays during the school year, there are many opportunities for continued discipleship as a part of the mid-week Wonderful Wednesday program. You can call the church office to find out with the current offerings are.
- September through June, adults are invited to join us on the fourth Thursday of the month for "Theology on Tap" where we engage in theological conversations surrounding different current even topics. Locations are published in advance of each meeting.
- During the school year, on the Third Wednesday of the Month, the RLC women gather together in the Luther Lodge for food, fellowship, conversation, study and ministry. You are welcome to join any of these opportunities, or dream new dreams of what might be.
- Beginning in September, between Sunday morning worship, all adults are welcome to join together in the RLC Library for Adult Forum.
If you would like to be on the Email list, Pastor Mike would love to hear from you. If you have comments, questions or just want to say "hello," feel free to use our online connection card - you can access it HERE
Contact Pastor Mike (EMAIL or 503.255.8772) and let him know if you have a ideas for new discipleship groups that RLC can support and be a part of.