What should I expect when I arrive? It's no big secret, not everyone has a church background and the first visit to an established congregation can be intimidating. Many do not know what to expect. "Will they want my address?" "Will I have to stand up and introduce myself?" and "What should I wear?" are common questions that people ask themselves. It can be scary to visit a church for the first time, however, it does not need to be. In fact, it should not be - and we do everything we can to make RLC an open and welcoming community of faith.
So, what can you expect when you visit Resurrection?
• You will be welcomed with a friendly face as one of God's precious children
• You can wear whatever you feel is comfortable - but we do ask that you wear something....just saying.
• You will not be contacted by us unless you give us your permission
• You will experience great music You are welcome to participate in all our ministries at whatever level you are comfortable.
• You will hear a message that you can apply to your life today
• Your children will be welcomed to worship with you
• You will not be asked for your money: In fact, we ask that visitors and guest not contribute financially to the offering. The Offering is the sole source of support for the mission and ministry of Resurrection. Those who have committed to being members of Resurrection, those who call Resurrection their home are given the responsibility and privilege of financially supporting the work of God through Resurrection. If you decided that you would like to bless us with a financial gift, we will graciously and thankfully receive it - we do not, however, want you to feel like we expect you to. The collected gifts are used to support the work of the congregation, to pay staff, provide resource for ministry and support many local, benevolent organizations in our community, the nation and internationally.
• You will not be asked to stand up and introduce yourself, you will not have to wear a name tag (unless you want to...)
• You will be our guest at the Fellowship Cafe as we share refreshments following our worship service (and you will be given some free stuff too!)
We know that there is a lot to think about when one contemplates a visit to a church. We hope that getting some of this "stuff" out of the way here has been a help to you as you ponder visiting with us. Whether you visit Resurrection or another congregation in the area, we encourage you to dig deeper and explore the feeling inside of you that is calling you to come and meet God among the people of God.
For a List of Frequently asked questions, CLICK HERE
To get directions to RLC - CLICK HERE